These juicy, Turkey Burgers Stuffed with Cheese are simple and delicious! Instead of topping your turkey burger with cheese, they’re stuffed it stays melted and gooey.
Turkey Burgers Stuffed with Cheese
I love a good turkey burger on the grill in the summer, especially with cheese and all the toppings. These turkey burgers stuffed with cheese are simple to make, just two ingredients – ground turkey and cheese, not counting salt and pepper. Serve it on a bun or a lettuce wrap and top it with your favorite burger toppings.
Turkey burger stuffed with cheese can make them ahead up to a day ahead, then grill them when you’re ready to eat. Grill them or cook them on a skillet or grill pan. A little cheese might escape while cooking, but that’s totally fine!
Helpful Turkey Cheeseburgers Tips and Variations
- For perfect ground turkey cheeseburgers – be gentle when working the turkey mixture, just like meatballs, overworking can make them tough.
- Juiciest turkey burgers – You need a little fat, avoid the leanest 99% ground turkey breast meat, I prefer the 93% for the juiciest burger.
- Swap the protein – use ground beef, buffalo, lamb or chicken if you prefer.
- Go Keto – leave the bun out and serve it over a bed of lettuce or make a lettuce wrap.
What cheese goes with turkey burgers?
Because the cheese is stuffed in the burger, it melts best. Play around with different cheese options. Anything that melts would be great such as Swiss cheese, Fontina, Colby-Jack, Mozzarella, Havarti, etc.
Top your burgers with your favorite toppings! Some suggestions are lettuce, avocado, red onions, grilled onions, mushrooms, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, bacon, etc. What are your favorite burger toppings?
More Turkey Burger Recipes You May Like
Inside Out Turkey Cheeseburgers
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
These juicy, Turkey Burgers Stuffed with cheese are simple and delicious! Instead of topping your turkey burger with cheese, they’re stuffed it stays melted and gooey.
- 4 slices 2% American or part-skim cheddar cheese slices, (0.7 ounces each)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat 100 calorie hamburger rolls, I use Martins potato
- 4 crisp Iceburg lettuce slices
- red onion, sliced and separated
- sliced ripe tomatoes
- sliced pickles
- ketchup and mustard, optional, if desired
Set grill to medium heat. Clean and oil the grates.
Fold each slice of cheese into quarters to create 4 short stacks.
Divide the ground turkey into 8 equal balls then flatten into 1/4 inch thick patties.
Place a stack of cheese in the center of 4 patties and top with the remaining 4 patties. Pinch the edges to seal, then push the up the sides so they are an even thickness. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
Place patties and oiled grill and cover, cook about 6 minutes per side over medium heat, or until the center is cooked through. Transfer to buns with toppings.
Turkey Burgers with no bun: 6 Points
Serving: 1burger, Calories: 309kcal, Carbohydrates: 20.5g, Protein: 33g, Fat: 11.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 766mg, Potassium: 0mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 7.5g
Freestyle Points: 8
Points +: 8