Printable Recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Fried-milk-Recipe
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
Strawberry Panna Cotta: http://bit.ly/StrawberryPannaCottaYT
Upside-Down Banana Cake: http://bit.ly/Upside-DownBananaYT
Almond Cake: http://bit.ly/FlourlessAlmondCakeYT
No-Bake Coconut Cheesecake: http://bit.ly/CoconutCheesecakeYT
My favorite kitchen equipment:
4 cups (960ml) Milk, divided
1 Cinnamon stick
Lemon peel from 1 small lemon
1/2 cup (100g) Sugar
2/3 cup (85g) Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
For coating and frying:
1/2 cup (65g) Flour
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
oil for frying
1. Place 3 cups of milk, sugar, cinnamon stick, and lemon peel and pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
2. Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk cornstarch with the remaining 1 cup of milk. Whisk until smooth.
3. Remove cinnamon stick and lemon peel from the hot milk. Pour the cornstarch mixture to the hot milk and heat over low-medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickens. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract.
4. Pour the mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap, let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. When chilled, cut into squares.
6. Prepare the coating: in one bowl beat 2 eggs, in the second bowl put flour, in the second plate/bowl mix sugar and cinnamon.
7. Coat milk squares in flour, then dip in beaten eggs.
8. Fry in hot oil for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden.
9. Transfer to a paper towel to drain, then coat with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Serve warm!
• To make the custard more flavorful you can add orange peel and other spices.
• Suggested to serve with ice cream.
If you like my videos, please subscribe to my channel for new cooking videos: